Sunday, July 27, 2014

Chapter 3- tell me about me

In Tanya,
Chapter 3,
We explore,
Who is it,
Me.

We said I have,
2 souls,
Elokit,
Behamit.

We said
What their goals were,
But we left out,
Details galore.

The Nefeh Elokit
And Behamit,
Have 10 qualities,
Divided into 2,
Emotive,
Intelligent.

If you know Kabbala,
The intellect is Chabad,
The emotive is Za,
We leave out Malchut for now.

Chabad begins with the initial seed,
The drop of inspiration,
Yet undeveloped,
Unformed.

Bina is like,
The gestation of a seed,
It cracks out all the details,
It makes it real indeed.

Then there's Daat
It's when you like hit home,
It's like mating your intellect,
With your heart's and deeds' throne.

I'll give you an example,
Let's take,
Thinking of you father.

Chochma is,
My dad is cool.
Bina is,
He took me to school.

Daat is,
I sure should help him,
Pay his bills,
I shouldn't disturb him,
When he's doing his work drills.

Emotions, Za:
They go like this,
Kindness, severity,
Compassion, endurance,
Acknowledgement
And bonding- six together.

What they all mean,
We'll say by explaining the 1st 3,
Because all the rest,
Are an extension of these.

Chesed kindness,
Is the wish to draw close,
It's when you love someone,
And you give them a rose.

Guevara is the desire to pull away,
It's when you see a spider,
And move,
To a new space.

Tiferet is compassion,
It's feeling someone may have been bad,
He threw ice on me,
And it hurts all around.

When I exercise my compassion,
I'll give ice to him,
Make him well,
Although he doesn't deserve it,
He's been bad to me after all.

Thank you for reading,
Please keep you emotions and intellect,
Close to heart,
Because they will save you,
When you are near,
And far.

Amen. Tehi baruch.

No comments:

Post a Comment